TMC Furniture is committed to reducing, reusing and recycling to help ease the strain on our environment.
- We design and manufacture all our products with long life cycles to reduce the need to discard and replace furniture.
- Our products are primarily manufactured using wood – a wonderful organic material that is renewable, recyclable and biodegradable.
- The northern hardwoods that we select for our furniture come from renewable and sustainable forests; we do not use wood from endangered tree species.
- TMC furnishings are made in the USA, which limits our transportation needs (as compared to trans-oceanic imports), thus reducing the carbon footprint of our products.
- Many of our products are constructed using Forbo Linoleum and other “high-scoring” LEED materials. TMC’s extensive experience with environmentally-friendly materials allows us to easily incorporate them into semi-custom and fully-custom products.
- Our metal and plastic products contain recycled content.
- Our adhesives, stains and finishes are designed to minimize harmful emissions – wherever possible, we use water-based products.
- Both our locations – TMC’s Grand Rapids Factory and Ann Arbor Office – are committed to recycling paper, cardboard, plastics and scrap materials left over from our furniture production, thus dramatically reducing landfill requirements.
- We are just-in-time manufacturers eliminating storing unnecessary inventory.
- We offer blanket-wrap shipping, thereby eliminating packaging waste. Whenever possible, TMC uses processing procedures and products that have minimal environmental impact.